Beam Balm is a physical sunscreen, so make sure you reach every nook and cranny when applying it! But Beam Balm is very different from the usual mineral sunscreens – cutting-edge technology has made it possible to modify the ingredients, so that our balm is easily absorbed.
Did you know?
- When a molecule of a chemical sunscreen absorbs UV rays, it becomes energized. Eventually, it releases the absorbed energy by generating heat reacting with other molecules inside your bloodstream.
- A study found chemical UV filters in 85% of tested women’s breast milk – Oxybenzone and four other chemical sunscreen filters were found in the breast milk, indicating that the developing fetus and newborns are exposed to these substances! (Schlumpf 2008, Schlumpf 2010).
- One of the largest issues threatening our ocean’s health today are the chemical sunscreen filters that pollute seas and kill the coral reefs.
- Hawaii took action on the issue, passing a bill that makes it the first US state to ban chemical sunscreens (with Oxybenzone and Octinoxate) that are harmful to coral reefs.
- Beam Balm is safe for you, your child and our oceans.
ECOCERT – COSMOS Natural
INCI: Aqua/Water, Isoamyl Laurate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Glycerin**, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Olivate,
Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Silica, Aroma/Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Cellulose, Palmitic Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil*, Stearic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Sodium Phytate, Tocopherol
(Vitamin E), Potassium Hydroxide, Limonene***, Linalool***, Citral***
*Ingredients from organic farming
**Made using organic ingredients
***From natural essential oils
99% Natural origin of total
5% Organic of total